Sunday, June 10, 2007

Introduction - 11.6.2007

This blog is not at anytime pin pointed at anyone or any company. It is merely a ranting and raving diary of a headhunter who resides in Malaysia.

Though the industry has been exploited by a variant of headhunters, i am here to list and to voice out my current views on my job and what comes along with it.

Just a little background...I am a headhunter. I specialized in Information Technology. My designation is a Search Consultant. While i work at a companies disposition, i value client intimacy and i treat my clients/candidates with utmost respect, honesty and dedication.

What is a headhunter? A headhunter is an Executive Search Consultant:-

" Headhunters vary from Executive Search Agents/Professionals who typically have a wide range of personal contacts within the area in question, a detailed specific knowledge of said area, and typically operate at the most senior level. Executive Search professionals are also involved throughout more of the hiring process, conducting detailed reports and interviews as well as only presenting candidates to clients where they feel the candidate in question will fit into the employment culture of the client. Executive Search Agencies typically have long-lasting relationships with clients spanning many years, and in such cases the suitability of candidates is paramount. It is also important that such agencies operate with a high level of professionalism, and thus usually cold calling or other techniques often associated with recruitment are shunned.Executive Search agencies often also provide clients with (legal) inside rumours gleaned from contacts within their clients' competitors." (wikipediaorg)

While this is not my own introduction, this is where i start to formulate my views and opinions on my life as a headhunter......

2 comments:

ASH said...

Thank you for sharing your inputs. Do not be discouraged that you get few comments...your blog is still fairly new. However, I am sure that your blog site is visited and read by people, it is just that a lot of these guys out there prefer to internalise what you have stated here and do not wish to contribute their own thoughts on the matters raised. I will try to be the exception when I have free time.

I just want to say thank you for raising headhunting issues here. Bravo! Please keep up the good work!

The issues that you face are relevant for people who are thinking of using or maybe even becoming headhunters...like myself (latter situation).

Do keep up the blogging. Looking forward to more contributions from you in the future!

Anonymous said...

Refreshing, and insightful. I will definitely come back for more reading.

Hanie
http://lifeisonebigstage.wordpress.com